Last updated: 17. April 2022
What is a Cookie?
Cookie is a small piece of data that a website asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device. On a subsequent visit your browser sends it back to the website. It allows the website to identify you between requests and remember information about your visit, like your preferred language or other settings.
Cookies are used for many different purposes, such as enabling you to log in, use a shopping cart, remember your preferences or collect statistical data to learn how the site is used and improve its performance or your user experience.
What types of cookies are there?
Cookies can be classified by its lifespan and the domain to which it belongs to:
- Session cookies are set for the time of a browser session. They are removed when you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies are set for a specified limited time. They are used to remember you next time you visit, even if you have closed your browser meanwhile.
- First party cookies are set by the website you’re visiting. They share same domain as the website and only that website can read them.
- Third party cookies are set by services other than the particular website itself. Usually they provide some sort of service to the website you are visiting.
There are also roughly four categories of cookies:
- Necessary cookies
are essential to navigate around a website and use its main features. Without them, you wouldn’t be able to use basic services like registration, login or shopping carts. The website can not function properly without these cookies.
- Statistics cookies - also known as perfomance cookies
collect data for statistical purposes on how visitors use a website. For example count page visits and movements around the site.
We anonymise all such data before collection.
- Preference cookies
are used to remember your preferences and personalize your user experience.
- Advertising cookies
are used to track your behaviour and browsing habits across the web, so advertising companies could for example show you more relevant ads.
These cookies usually identify you as an individual.
- ensure that our website works properly,
- help detect and prevent fraud,
- understand how visitors use and engage with our websites,
- analyze and improve our services.
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA, hereinafter "Google", on our website.
The information generated by these cookies, for example time, place and frequency of your website visit including your anonymized IP address, is transmitted to Google in the USA and stored there.
We do not send any personally identifiable data to Google. Additionally we have turned on their IP anonymization feature which makes all data anonymous by masking the IP address before stored. You can learn more about Google Analytics and their privacy practices here.
Google will use this information to evaluate your use of our site, to compile reports on website activity for us and to provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of Google.
Which cookies do we use?
We use only first party necessary and statistics cookies on our sites. We do not use any advertising or share your personal data with any third party. All statistical data is anonymized before stored by our analytics provider (Google Analytics).
Following is a list of cookies set by us or our service providers:
If you have any questions or concerns regarding cookies, do not hesitate to contact us at
privacy [at] corpusverde [dot] com